Ethical Issues in Working with Pro Bono Clients in 2020 (Webcast)
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Ethical Issues
- Pro Bono
The Practising Law Institute is presenting a live one-hour briefing via webcast entitled Ethical Issues in Working with Pro Bono Clients in 2020 on October 29, 2020 from 1:00 PM-2:00 PM Eastern.
Registration Fee: $25.00
Pro Bono clients are like any other clients in many ways. But some Pro Bono clients present ethical issues for attorneys that often differ from those presented by fee-paying or contingent fee clients. Lawyers sometimes face difficult questions about defining who the client is, communication with clients, clients with diminished capacity, conflicts with fee-paying clients, and many others. Representation of nonprofit organizations also can present difficult ethical issues not faced with most for profit organizations.
As part of the ABA’s National Celebrate Pro Bono Week, please join Toby J. Rothschild, Of Counsel to OneJustice and retired general counsel of the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, for a One-Hour Briefing as the following topics are addressed:
- In brief, what is Pro Bono? 5 minutes
- What ethical issues can arise in representation of Pro Bono clients? 8 minutes
- How can you make sure your representation is conducted within the Rules of Professional Conduct? 30 minutes
- What ethical issues are presented by practicing remotely? 7 minutes
- How do ethical issues apply in hypothetical situations? 10 minutes
- CLE Credit Comments:
CLE for Pennsylvania
One (1.0) Ethics Credit
Attendance at this event is categorized as "distance learning" by the PA CLE Board. On April 15, 2020, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania issued a Court Order temporarily waiving the six (6) hour limitation on distance learning credits for 2020 compliance deadlines. Attorneys in Pennsylvania may now complete all 12 hours of their 2020 CLE requirements though approved distance learning activities. More information on distance learning CLE credit.
Practising Law Institute800.260.4PLI (4754)