Chief Justice Baer Encourages Ongoing Pro Bono Work and Support for Legal Aid
Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Chief Justice Max Baer has addressed a letter to the attorneys of Pennsylvania thanking them for their financial support of legal aid and encouraging them to provide pro bono service.
In sending the letter Chief Justice Baer recognized the financial support provided to legal aid organizations as a component of the annual attorney registration fee and encouraged each of Pennsylvania's more than 75,000 attorneys to provide pro bono service through direct representation. He also encouraged additional financial support for the Commonwealth's legal aid programs.
He noted that this year, the need is especially acute. The global pandemic has disproportionately impacted low-income groups, and the resulting financial and familial stressors are exacerbating the need for civil legal aid among those who cannot afford private counsel.
- North Penn Legal Services Virtual Fair Housing Summit: Fair Housing and Medical Marijuana - What Rights Do Tenants Have When Treatment Options Clash with Housing Policy? (Virtual Event), Apr 22
- “Because of Sex”: The Supreme Court, Federal Sex Discrimination Law, and Best Practices for Protecting LGBTQ Workers (Webcast), Apr 26
- Nuts and Bolts Nibbles for New Pro Bono Managers: Introduction to Pro Bono Management (Virtual Event), Apr 26
- Nuts and Bolts Nibbles for New Pro Bono Managers: Overview of LSC Regulations Related to Pro Bono OR Client Relations (Virtual Event), Apr 27
- North Penn Legal Services Virtual Fair Housing Summit: Current Trends and New Developments in Fair Housing Testing, HUD Policies, and Compliance (Virtual Event), Apr 28
- Nuts and Bolts Nibbles for New Pro Bono Managers: Overview of Governance Issues (Virtual Event), Apr 28
- View more
- Chief Justice Baer Encourages Ongoing Pro Bono Work and Support for Legal Aid, Apr 21
- Nominations Sought for 2021 Philadelphia Bar Foundations Awards, Apr 14
- Virtual Fair Housing Summit Offered by North Penn Legal Services, Apr 13
- Nuts and Bolts Nibbles for New Pro Bono Managers, Apr 2
- Penn State Law Veterans Clinic Restarts Military Mondays Program, Mar 29
- Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network Honors 2021 Excellence Award Recipients , Mar 24
- View more