Support Legal Aid with a PA IOLTA Account at a Platinum Leader Bank
One of the easiest and most impactful ways to support legal aid is to open an IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank. The PA IOLTA Board’s Platinum Leader Bank program is made up of financial institutions that have committed to paying premium interest rates on IOLTA accounts. Choosing a Platinum Leader Bank increases the amount of funding available for civil legal aid because the interest earned on lawyers’ pooled trust accounts is transferred to the Pennsylvania IOLTA Board and used to make grants to civil legal aid programs. It is the largest funder of civil legal aid in Pennsylvania.
The Pennsylvania IOLTA Board recognizes attorneys that choose to open their IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank through its “I Bank on Justice” campaign. There is no limit on the number of IOLTA accounts that a firm can maintain, so you or your firm can still keep your existing IOLTA account and open an additional IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank. More information about opening an IOLTA account and a full list of Platinum Leader Banks is available on the Pennsylvania IOLTA Board’s website.
- Philadelphia VIP Family Law Practice Group: January 2022 (Virtual Event-Philadelphia), Jan 19
- Welcome to Philadelphia VIP (Virtual Event-Philadelphia), Jan 20
- FCRA 101: What Every Legal Aid Lawyer Needs To Know (Virtual Event), Jan 24
- Introducing Fastcase: A guide to legal research for Pennsylvania Bar Members (Webinar), Jan 26
- Immigration Advocates Network: How to Support Citizenship in Your Community (Virtual Event), Jan 27
- View more
- Pennsylvania Courts Launch Awareness Campaign to Help Stop Human Trafficking, Jan 10
- Fastcase Offers Free Webinar on Legal Research, Jan 3
- Free CLE Program Offered on "Current and Emerging Issues in Disaster Response: Legal Strategies and Practices for Helping Survivors", Dec 15
- Volunteer Attorney Newsletter - Fall 2021, Nov 22
- Nominations Open for 2022 PA Bar Association Pro Bono Awards, Nov 15
- Volunteers Needed for Pro Bono Life Planning Clinic - November 12, Nov 1
- View more