Volunteers Sought for Clean Slate Review Project
Volunteers are being sought for a new pro bono project sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Association and Community Legal Services of Philadelphia. The Clean Slate Review Project will provide information and advice to people who may benefit from the new Clean Slate law.
The Clean Slate legislation allows for individuals to petition the courts to have their criminal records sealed if the person has been free from conviction for 10 years for an offense that resulted in a year or more in prison and has paid all court-ordered financial debts. Additionally, the new law allows automatic sealing of records for second or third-degree misdemeanor offenses that included a less than two-year prison sentence if a person has been free from convictions for 10 years, as well as sealing of criminal history records related to charges that resulted in non-convictions.
Attorney volunteers will review the Pennsylvania criminal record of applicants under the program and advise them whether their record qualifies for sealing under the law and what steps need to be taken to start the sealing process.
- Subsidized Housing Basics 2019 (Webcast), Jun 3
- Guardianship: Giving Families Legal Authority to Care for Incapacitated Loved Ones (Philadelphia), Jun 4
- 13th Annual Lackawanna Pro Bono Golf Tournament, Jun 10
- Summer Pro Bono Program for Law Students (Philadelphia), Jun 11
- How to Handle a Child Abuse Case 2019 (Philadelphia), Jun 19
- View more
- Equal Justice Works Partners with DisasterLegalAid.org on New Resources, May 16
- PA Bar Association to Honor Arthur Read with Inaugural Civil and Equal Rights Champion Award, May 13
- Applications Being Accepted for Grants Under the PA Bar Foundation Birdsall Impact Grant Program, Mar 18
- Applicants Sought for 2019 Summer Internship in Environmental and/or Energy Law, Feb 27
- Local Bar Associations Receive Awards from the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Feb 26
- View more