Applications Open for 2020 Rural Summer Legal Corps
Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 Rural Summer Legal Corps.
Rural communities in the U.S. and its territories face a shortage of talented lawyers, with a large population of the country being forced to travel hundreds of miles to find legal assistance.
Each summer, Equal Justice Works partners with the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) to support 35 dedicated law students who want to serve rural communities, as part of the Rural Summer Legal Corps. Student Fellows spend eight to ten weeks at LSC-funded civil legal aid organizations developing valuable skills and gaining hands-on experience.
Participants will receive a $5,000 stipend for their service. Students have the option to apply for unlimited outside funding through their university or other sources.
The deadline for applications is February 10, 2020, 11:59 PM Eastern.
- Figuring Out FEMA: A Trauma-informed Resource for Disaster Survivors (Webinar), Jan 29
- Serving on Non-Profit Boards: Tips for Young Lawyers (Webinar), Jan 29
- Serving Your Divorce Complaint (Philadelphia), Jan 30
- Legal Name Change in Philadelphia (Philadelphia), Feb 1
- Jurist in Residence Lecture: Preserving a Fair and Impartial Judiciary (Harrisburg), Feb 6
- Addressing Domestic Violence Across Practice Areas 2020 (Webcast), Feb 7
- View more