Nominations Sought for 2020 Louis J. Goffman Awards
The Pennsylvania Bar Foundation is seeking nominations for the 2020 Louis J. Goffman Award. The Goffman Award recognizes an individual or organization whose commitments to pro bono have enhanced the delivery of legal services to Pennsylvania’s poor and disadvantaged, making a critical difference in the lives of those in need of legal representation.
Any Pennsylvania-based individual or organization involved in the provision of volunteer legal services is eligible, including large and small firms, corporate law departments, government attorney offices, county bar associations, law schools and other legal services entities.
The nomination deadline is April 15, 2020. The Awards will be presented in May during the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Annual Meeting scheduled for May 6-8, 2020 in Philadelphia, PA.
- There is a National Emergency at the Southern Border. True or False? (Webinar), Feb 19
- ACBA Skills Training - Social Security: The Basics (Pittsburgh), Feb 25
- FBI Records: What Every Legal Aid Lawyer Needs to Know (Webinar), Feb 28
- Philadelphia VIP Volunteer Orientation (Philadelphia), Mar 4
- SRLN2020 (Nashville, TN), Mar 5 - Mar 06
- Social Security Disability 2020: From Administrative Proceedings to Federal Practice (Webcast), Mar 11
- View more
- Immigrants' Rights Clinic Publishes Self-Help Guide for Asylum-Seekers, Feb 13
- Nominations Sought for 2020 Louis J. Goffman Award, Feb 3
- Central Pennsylvania lawyer John W. Frommer Receives PA Bar Association Ernico Award, Jan 31
- Penn State Law Veterans Clinic Offers Military Mondays at Local Starbucks, Jan 27
- Free Legal Assistance Available for Puerto Rico Disaster Survivors, Jan 24
- View more