Attorney General Garland Issues Call to Action to Legal Community to Assist in Eviction Crisis
On August 30, 2021 Attorney General Merrick B. Garland issued a video and public letter to members of the legal community urging them to help ensure equal access to justice in the face of the pending eviction crisis by providing assistance to vulnerable tenanats at risk of eviction.
The Attorney General noted that, "The legal profession is well positioned to provide support for tenants, landlords, and courts during this crisis. Promoting access to justice to ensure that our justice system delivers outcomes that are fair and accessible to all, irrespective of wealth or status, is one of the highest ideals of the legal profession."
He urged lawyers and law students to apply their legal training and skills to help their local communities and offered some specific suggestions on how advocates can help in this crisis.
- Virtual Landlord/Tenant Roundtable (Virtual Event-Philadelphia), Sep 16
- MidPenn Legal Services Access to Justice Celebration (Virtual Event), Sep 22
- Representing the Pro Bono Client: Advocacy Skills for Administrative Hearings 2021 (Webcast), Sep 22
- Representing Children in Immigration Matters 2021: Effective Advocacy and Best Practices (Webcast), Sep 23
- Philadelphia VIP Family Law Practice Group: September 2021 (Virtual Event-Philadelphia), Sep 29
- View more
- Attorney General Garland Issues Call to Action to Legal Community to Assist in Eviction Crisis, Aug 31
- Statewide Loan Repayment Assistance Program Accepting Applications Beginning Sept. 1, Aug 19
- Virtual Pro Bono Life Planning Clinic Seeking Volunteers - August 10, Jul 19
- Nominations Sought for 2021 ACBF Pro Bono Achievement Awards, Jul 9
- Volunteer Attorney Newsletter - Spring 2021, May 25
- Volunteer Attorney Newsletter - Winter 2021, Feb 3
- View more