Volunteers Sought for Clean Slate Review Project
Volunteers are being sought for a new pro bono project sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Association and Community Legal Services of Philadelphia. The Clean Slate Review Project will provide information and advice to people who may benefit from the new Clean Slate law.
The Clean Slate legislation allows for individuals to petition the courts to have their criminal records sealed if the person has been free from conviction for 10 years for an offense that resulted in a year or more in prison and has paid all court-ordered financial debts. Additionally, the new law allows automatic sealing of records for second or third-degree misdemeanor offenses that included a less than two-year prison sentence if a person has been free from convictions for 10 years, as well as sealing of criminal history records related to charges that resulted in non-convictions.
Attorney volunteers will review the Pennsylvania criminal record of applicants under the program and advise them whether their record qualifies for sealing under the law and what steps need to be taken to start the sealing process.
- 27th Annual ACBA Golf Tournament and 7th Annual Bocce Tournament (Canonsburg), Jul 22
- Defending Immigration Removal Proceedings 2019 (Webcast), Jul 25
- Fair Chance Housing (Live Webcast), Aug 5
- Intimate Partner Violence and Technology Abuse 2019: Representing the Legal Services Client in the New York State Courts (Webcast), Aug 8
- The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) 101: What Every Attorney and Judge Needs to Know, Aug 19
- View more
- AOPC Considering Amendments to Case Record Public Access Policy , Jul 18
- Pennsylvania’s Court Technology Receives National Recognition, Jul 15
- Volunteers Needed for Military Discharge Upgrade Clinic in Lebanon - July 25, Jul 11
- Law School Admission Council Announces the Justice Innovation Challenge, Jun 28
- Philadelphia Bar Association Selected for 2019 Harrison Tweed Award for Work to Create Right-to-Counsel for Indigent Philadelphia Tenants Facing Eviction, Jun 24
- View more