Landlord-Tenant Arbitration, Mediation and Pro-Bono Training (Pittsburgh)
- 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Allegheny County Bar Foundation Pro Bono Center, Neighborhood Legal Services
The Tower at PNC Plaza
The Allegheny County Bar Foundation Pro Bono Center and Neighborhood Legal Services are holding a CLE program entitled Landlord-Tenant Arbitration, Mediation and Pro-Bono Training on Wednesday, October 2, 2019 from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM at The Tower at PNC Plaza, 300 Fifth Ave., Auditorium, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
This program is designed for those lawyers interested in becoming certified Landlord-Tenant Arbitrators, Mediators and/or volunteer lawyers who will participate with the Allegheny County Housing Court Pilot Program.
Participants will learn from experienced landlord-tenant practitioners who will cover landlord-tenant law, the procedural rules relating to filings, establishing supersedes, appeals from magisterial district courts and evictions.
Additionally, the program will include mediation training where the key traits and best practices of a successful mediation will be explained. During the mediation training session, The Hon. Alan Hertzberg will outline factors that can be used to encourage resolution in landlord-tenant disputes.
- ACBA Member - Non-Pro Bono Volunteer $150.00
- ACBA Member - Pro Bono Volunteer (at least 1 case) $10.00
- Non Member - Non-Pro Bono Volunteer $150.00
- Non Member - Pro Bono Volunteer (at least 1 case) $10.00
- Barbara Kern, Neighborhood Legal Services Association
- Daniel Vitek, Community Justice Project
- Deborah Miskovich
- Alan Hertzberg, Allegheny Co Court of Common Pleas-Civil Div
- Dianne Wainwright, Allegheny Co Court of Common Pleas-Civil Div
Lunch will be served.
Last day to Pre-register: Monday, September 30, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- CLE Credit Comments:
This program has been approved for 4.5 hours of Substantive CLE credit.
Allegheny County Bar Association