Public Interest Law Day CLE - Keeping Up in Turbulent Times: Public Interest Practice in 2012
Wednesday November 28
- By: Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Delivery of Legal Services Committee of the Public Interest Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association
- Time: 8:50 AM - 4:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Pennsylvania Bar InstituteCLE Conference CenterWanamaker Building, 10th FloorPhiladelphia, PAMap: maps.google.com
Pennsylvania Bar Institute(800) 932-4637
- Website: www.legalspan.com
This full day CLE program will offer 5 substantive and 1 ethics CLE credits and will present a wide array of hot topics in public interest law for public interest attorneys, pro bono practitioners, judges and private practice attorneys who are interested in learning more about public interest law and cutting edge issues affecting the pro bono legal community.
The opening panel presentation will address how a hypothetical family continues to struggle in the recession and how changes in the law and policy have affected them in areas such as employment, education and immigration.
The Agenda Includes:
8:50 - 9:00: Welcome and Introduction - PBI and Chair, Delivery of Legal Services Committee
9:00 - 10:30: Opening Plenary: Back to the Nickelby Family
10:45 - 12:15: Breakout Sessions - Choose One
1. Collateral Consequences of Criminal Records; 2. Multi-Forum Advocacy: Coordinating Advocacy In and Out of the Courtroom; or 3. Working with Traumatized Clients
12:15 - 1:15 Lunch (included in your tuition)
1:15 - 2:45: Breakout Sessions - Choose One.
1. Identity Issues; 2. How Changes in Public Benefits Programs Will Affect Your Clients; or 3. Family Law for the Non-Family Law Practitioner
3:00 - 4:30: Closing Plenary: Remedies for Bias in the Court System
Program Schedule Subject to Change.
CLE Tuition Prices (Include Course Book and Lunch):
Registrations received 3 or more business days before the presentation qualify for the Early Registration Discount
- Early Reg. $209 - Member of PA or any county bar assn. admitted before 1/1/08 (Late Reg. $234)
- Early Reg. $189 - Member of PA or any county bar assn. admitted after 1/1/08 (Late Reg. $214)
- Early Reg. $229 - Nonmember (Late Reg. $254)
- Early Reg. $99 - Paralegals attending with an atty. (Late Reg. $124)
- Early Reg. $129 - Paralegals attending alone (Late Reg. $154)
- Early Reg. $105 - Judges and judicial law clerks (Late Reg. $130)
- Early Reg. $95 - Judges and judicial law clerks admitted after 1/1/08 (Late Reg. $120)
- Reg. $35 - Law Students
- CLE Credit Comments: 6 Total CLE credits, 1.5 of which may be applied toward Ethics