Lancaster Bar Association Summer of Service
- Lancaster Bar Association
Pandemic, racial strife, political polarization, misinformation, and murder hornets-it's scary times right now. In the face of these challenges the Lancaster Bar Association has put together a unique menu of community service and pro bono opportunities that together comprise their Summer of Service program.
As lawyers, the members of the Lancaster Bar Association have the unique ability to provide services that can move the needle on the various challenges we're facing right now. The Summer of Service program is a call to action to association members to get out there and be part of the solution.
Projects under the program provide the volunteer opportunities to address these issues:
- Do you want to help first responders and other essential workers?
- Do you want to help small businesses navigate the complicated COVID-19 world?
- Are you worried that evictions will explode as a result of the pandemic's economic fallout?
- Think you could help folks get needed unemployment compensation benefits?
- Are you worried about the right to protest?
- Would you like to help undocumented victims of sexual assault or domestic violence?
- Do you want to really do something about systemic racism?
- Do you want to help contain the spread of coronavirus?
You can also participate in the Summer of Service by providing support for the the Lancaster Law Foundation. The foundation promotes equal access to justice for all in Lancaster County by funding public interest law projects, delivering pro bono service, and educating the public regarding civil and legal issues.
- Pro Bono