Chief Justice Baer Encourages PA Attorneys to Support Legal Aid and Provide Pro Bono Service
Max Baer, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, directed a letter to attorneys across Pennsylvania, joining with new Pennsylvania Bar Association President Jay Silberblatt, in celebrating the rich tradition of Pennsylvania lawyers in supporting legal aid and pro bono service for the neediest among us.
The Chief Justice stated that promoting legal aid and pro bono legal services has been a major emphasis of his time on the Court and noted that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court supports civil legal aid in a variety of ways.
He recognized that it is the volunteer efforts, whether in direct representation of clients or through further financial support of legal aid, that most greatly impact those in need, and encouraged attorneys to examine Pennsylvania Free Legal Answers, PALawHelp.org, and PAProbono.net, websites promoted by the PA Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network, to see what resources are available to those in need and what opportunities exist for pro bono service.
- Pennsylvania's Courts: Where Are They Now & Where Are They Going? (Virtual Event), Aug 24
- Standing up for Justice: The Ethics of Pro Bono (Hybrid Event-Butler County), Aug 24
- Recent Developments in Federal Student Loan Debt Relief 2022 (Live Webcast), Sep 8
- Representing Children in Immigration Matters 2022: Effective Advocacy and Best Practices (Live Webcast), Sep 13
- Representing the Pro Bono Client: Advocacy Skills for Administrative Hearings 2022 (Live Webcast), Sep 21
- View more
- Pennsylvania Bar Association to Hold Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Summit on October 7, 2022, Aug 16
- MidPenn Legal Services Hosts Accesss to Justice Happy Hour - Sept. 22, Aug 16
- Pennsylvania Superior Court to Pilot Remote Arguments, Aug 15
- Pro Bono Attorneys Needed for PFA Hearings in Bucks County, Jul 13
- Prepare to Celebrate Pro Bono This October, Jul 13
- View more