One of the easiest and most impactful ways to support legal aid is to open an IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank. The PA IOLTA Board’s Platinum Leader Bank program is made up of financial institutions that have committed to paying premium interest rates on IOLTA accounts. Choosing a Platinum Leader Bank increases the amount of funding available for civil legal aid because the interest earned on lawyers’ pooled trust accounts is transferred to the Pennsylvania IOLTA Board and used to make grants to civil legal aid programs. It is the largest funder of civil legal aid in Pennsylvania.
The Pennsylvania IOLTA Board recognizes attorneys that choose to open their IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank through its “I Bank on Justice” campaign. There is no limit on the number of IOLTA accounts that a firm can maintain, so you or your firm can still keep your existing IOLTA account and open an additional IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank. More information about opening an IOLTA account and a full list of Platinum Leader Banks is available on the Pennsylvania IOLTA Board’s website.
- Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation 2023 (Virtual Event), Dec 11
- Elder Abuse Basics: Civil Legal Response (Virtual Event), Dec 12
- Guardian Ad Litems Rules Update (Erie), Dec 12
- Section 8 and Veterans' Housing (West Chester), Dec 12
- Why Does 'Pro Bono Matters' Matter to You? Online resources for the Pro Bono Attorney (Doyletown), Dec 12
- View more
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Unveils New History Center, Nov 28
- Volunteer Judges Needed for Drexel Undergraduate Mock Trial Tournament, Nov 27
- Virtual Discussion: Winning the Narrative on Safety, Accountability, and Justice: Leading with solutions, not scare tactics, Nov 17
- Volunteers Needed for Dickinson Law Name Change Assistance Clinics in Carlisle, Nov 7
- Volunteer opportunities for Bucks County Protection from Abuse (PFA) hearings, Oct 31
- View more