FREE CLE Program: Autism in the Courts and the Practice of Law
In conjunction with Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, the ASERT Collaborative, and Drexel University, Supreme Court Justice Kevin Dougherty is bringing the nationally recognized Autism and the Courts Initiative to Pennsylvania attorneys.
This FREE CLE program will be presented virtually on October 25, 2023 from 10:00 AM-1:00 PM Eastern, and will offer 3.0 substantive PA CLE Credits.
The latest 2023 CDC statistics show that 1 in 36 children, and 1 in 44 adults are currently diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). In Pennsylvania alone the number of autistic individuals receiving services from the state has more than doubled in recent years, and research shows that individuals on the spectrum are almost 7 times more likely to come into contact with the justice system, often with adverse consequences. This CLE will help Pennsylvania attorneys learn more about autism and some techniques to improve their representation of clients with ASD.
- Episcopal Legal Aid's Annual Celebration (Bala Cynwyd), Oct 5
- Regional Housing Legal Services 50th Anniversary Celebration (Philadelphia), Oct 5
- Inaugural Battle of the 'Burbs Softball Tournament (Jeffersonville), Oct 7
- Distressed Lawyers: What You Thought You Knew (Pittsburgh), Oct 10
- 2023 Human Right to Housing Awards (Washington, DC), Oct 11
- View more
- National Celebration of Pro Bono -2023, Oct 2
- Pro Bono Estate Planning Clinic — Volunteers Needed , Sep 20
- FREE CLE Program: Autism in the Courts and the Practice of Law, Sep 19
- Volunteers Needed — 2023 Constitution Day Read Aloud Spectacular Sept. 18-22 , Sep 5
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation to Recognize Individuals, Public Interest Organization, and Student Clinic with 2023 Pro Bono Achievement Awards , Aug 30
- View more