Support Legal Aid with a PA IOLTA Account at a Platinum Leader Bank
One of the easiest and most impactful ways to support legal aid is to open an IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank. The PA IOLTA Board’s Platinum Leader Bank program is made up of financial institutions that have committed to paying premium interest rates on IOLTA accounts. Choosing a Platinum Leader Bank increases the amount of funding available for civil legal aid because the interest earned on lawyers’ pooled trust accounts is transferred to the Pennsylvania IOLTA Board and used to make grants to civil legal aid programs. It is the largest funder of civil legal aid in Pennsylvania.
The Pennsylvania IOLTA Board recognizes attorneys that choose to open their IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank through its “I Bank on Justice” campaign. There is no limit on the number of IOLTA accounts that a firm can maintain, so you or your firm can still keep your existing IOLTA account and open an additional IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank. More information about opening an IOLTA account and a full list of Platinum Leader Banks is available on the Pennsylvania IOLTA Board’s website.
- Subsidized Housing Basics 2023 (Webcast), Jun 5
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility in Legal Aid (IDEAL) Breakfast (Lancaster), Jun 6
- Oral Health Coverage and Care for Older Adults (Webinar), Jun 6
- Overview of the Veteran Disability Appeals Process (Virtual Event-Allegheny County), Jun 7
- The Arts Affair 2023 (Philadelphia), Jun 7
- View more
- Chief Justice Debra Todd Expresses Support for Legal Aid and Pro Bono in Letter to Pennsylvania Attorneys, May 19
- Pennsylvania Courts Launch New Interactive Magisterial District Court Map, May 3
- A Proclamation on Law Day, U.S.A., 2023, Apr 28
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Announces Upcoming Retirement of State Court Administrator Geoff Moulton, Apr 25
- Volunteers Needed for Wills Clinic in Montgomery County on May 11, Apr 20
- View more