Chief Justice Baer Encourages PA Attorneys to Support Legal Aid and Provide Pro Bono Service
Max Baer, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, directed a letter to attorneys across Pennsylvania, joining with new Pennsylvania Bar Association President Jay Silberblatt, in celebrating the rich tradition of Pennsylvania lawyers in supporting legal aid and pro bono service for the neediest among us.
The Chief Justice stated that promoting legal aid and pro bono legal services has been a major emphasis of his time on the Court and noted that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court supports civil legal aid in a variety of ways.
He recognized that it is the volunteer efforts, whether in direct representation of clients or through further financial support of legal aid, that most greatly impact those in need, and encouraged attorneys to examine Pennsylvania Free Legal Answers, PALawHelp.org, and PAProbono.net, websites promoted by the PA Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network, to see what resources are available to those in need and what opportunities exist for pro bono service.
- Law Against Violence: Is the Current Legal System an Effective Solution to Domestic Violence? (Pittsburgh), Jun 27
- Legal Aid Golf Classic - presented by Montgomery Bar Foundation (Blue Bell), Jun 27
- Identifying and Addressing Undue Influence in Elder Abuse Cases (Free Webcast), Jun 29
- Philadelphia VIP Family Law Practice Group: July 2022 (Virtual Event-Philadelphia), Jul 13
- Defending Immigration Removal Proceedings 2022 (Live Webcast), Jul 21
- View more
- Pa. Supreme Court Advisory Council on Elder Justice in the Courts Recognizes World Elder Abuse Awareness Day , Jun 15
- ABA honors two lawyers from Texas, three U.S. law firms for their pro bono work, Jun 1
- Volunteer Attorney Newsletter - Spring 2022, May 20
- Chief Justice Baer Encourages PA Attorneys to Support Legal Aid and Provide Pro Bono Service, May 17
- Hannah Suhr Presented with Wills for Heroes Verdina Y. Showell Award, May 16
- View more