One of the easiest and most impactful ways to support legal aid is to open an IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank. The PA IOLTA Board’s Platinum Leader Bank program is made up of financial institutions that have committed to paying premium interest rates on IOLTA accounts. Choosing a Platinum Leader Bank increases the amount of funding available for civil legal aid because the interest earned on lawyers’ pooled trust accounts is transferred to the Pennsylvania IOLTA Board and used to make grants to civil legal aid programs. It is the largest funder of civil legal aid in Pennsylvania.
The Pennsylvania IOLTA Board recognizes attorneys that choose to open their IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank through its “I Bank on Justice” campaign. There is no limit on the number of IOLTA accounts that a firm can maintain, so you or your firm can still keep your existing IOLTA account and open an additional IOLTA account at a Platinum Leader Bank. More information about opening an IOLTA account and a full list of Platinum Leader Banks is available on the Pennsylvania IOLTA Board’s website.
- LUNCH AND LEARN : “Conscious Contracts®” Laying the Foundation for Collaboration (Virtual Event), Feb 27
- Leveraging Technology to Prepare Briefs with Greater Efficiency and Accuracy (Virtual Event), Feb 28
- Strategies for Responding to Debt Collectors (Virtual Event), Feb 28
- Pro Bono for Utility Lawyers: Free Legal Answers – Utility and Energy Questions (Virtual Event), Mar 4
- Pro Bono Basics 2024: Best Practices and Ethics (Virtual Event), Mar 5
- Act 79: What Family Law Practitioners Need to Know About Gun Relinquishment in Protection From Abuse Cases (Virtual Event-Philadelphia), Mar 7
- View more
- Wills for Heroes Program - Volunteer to Support Our Heroes, Feb 21
- Volunteers Needed for Life Planning Clinic in McKees Rocks - March 22, Feb 21
- Volunteers Needed for Senior Legal Clinic in Montgomery County - May 16, Feb 20
- Volunteers Needed for Derrick A. Bell Community Legal Clinic - March 15, Feb 14
- Volunteers Needed for 2024 Statewide High School Mock Trial Competition - March 22-23, Feb 13
- View more