Chief Justice Baer Encourages PA Attorneys to Support Legal Aid and Provide Pro Bono Service
Max Baer, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, directed a letter to attorneys across Pennsylvania, joining with new Pennsylvania Bar Association President Jay Silberblatt, in celebrating the rich tradition of Pennsylvania lawyers in supporting legal aid and pro bono service for the neediest among us.
The Chief Justice stated that promoting legal aid and pro bono legal services has been a major emphasis of his time on the Court and noted that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court supports civil legal aid in a variety of ways.
He recognized that it is the volunteer efforts, whether in direct representation of clients or through further financial support of legal aid, that most greatly impact those in need, and encouraged attorneys to examine Pennsylvania Free Legal Answers, PALawHelp.org, and PAProbono.net, websites promoted by the PA Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network, to see what resources are available to those in need and what opportunities exist for pro bono service.
- Representing the Pro Bono Client: Consumer Law Basics 2022 (Live Webcast), Aug 12
- Philadelphia VIP Homeownership Office Hours: August 2022 (Philadelphia - Virtual Event), Aug 16
- Pennsylvania's Courts: Where Are They Now & Where Are They Going? (Virtual Event), Aug 24
- Standing up for Justice: The Ethics of Pro Bono (Hybrid Event-Butler County), Aug 24
- Recent Developments in Federal Student Loan Debt Relief 2022 (Live Webcast), Sep 8
- View more
- ABA partners with Military Spouse J.D. Network Foundation on pro bono legal assistance, Jul 14
- Pro Bono Attorneys Needed for PFA Hearings in Bucks County, Jul 13
- Prepare to Celebrate Pro Bono This October, Jul 13
- Pa. Supreme Court Advisory Council on Elder Justice in the Courts Recognizes World Elder Abuse Awareness Day , Jun 15
- ABA honors two lawyers from Texas, three U.S. law firms for their pro bono work, Jun 1
- View more