Free Webcast Offered on IOLTA Compliance on Nov. 18
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute
The Pennsylvania Bar Institute is offering a free webcast entitled IOLTA Compliance: Keeping Client Funds Safe and Keeping You Out of Trouble 2020 on November 18, 2020 from 12:00 PM-1:30 PM.
Attorneys must maintain an IOLTA/Trust account to hold funds of clients and others, and must also comply with specific Rules of Professional Conduct detailing how to account for IOLTA funds. Because many attorneys are confused by or do not understand how to manage their IOLTA accounts, they may find themselves the subject of a disciplinary proceeding.
This program will focus of the nuts and bolts of handling IOLTA/Trust accounts, so that attorneys can clear up any confusion and avoid potential problems. During this FREE 1.5 ethics CLE credit webinar, speakers from Pennsylvania’s IOLTA Board, the Lawyers Fund for Client Security, and the Disciplinary Board will discuss IOLTA. By the time you finish this program you will:
- Discover the most common reasons attorneys get in trouble for IOLTA-related issues
- Understand how IOLTA works
- Learn how to handle an IOLTA account
- Know your responsibilities for IOLTA accounts under the Rules of Professional Conduct
- See practical examples of best practices for accounting for IOLTA funds
- Learn how the various boards respond to complaints
Faculty for the program includes:
- Stephanie S. Libhart, Pennsylvania IOLTA Board
- Kathryn Peifer Morgan, Esq.. Pennsylvania Lawyers Fund for Client Security
- Daniel J. Siegel, Esq., Law Offices of Daniel J. Siegel, LLC
- Raymond Wierciszewski, Esq., Office of Disciplinary Counsel
The program offers 1.5 Pennsylvania Ethics CLE credits to attorneys attending.
- Ethical Issues