Local Bar Associations Receive Awards from the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
The Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA) honored 23 local bar associations with County Bar Recognition Awards during the 54th Annual Seminar of the Conference of County Bar Leaders, Feb. 27 – 29, 2020 at The Hotel Hershey, Hershey.
The awards, which are non-competitive in nature, annually recognize bar associations throughout Pennsylvania for projects that improve the legal profession, justice system and community.
“Each year, members of local bar associations conduct important projects and programs to better their communities,” said PBA President Anne N. John. “We are proud to recognize these good works and applaud the efforts of the many volunteers that contributed to their success.”
The following county bar associations received awards for notable projects and programs:
- Allegheny County Bar Association: Lunch for the Patrons of the Smithfield Church of Christ
- Beaver County Bar Association: Casino Night
- Berks County Bar Association: Pets at the Park
- Bucks County Bar Association: Bucks County Eviction Prevention Program and Solo and Small Practice Program
- Butler County Bar Association: Legal Literacy: Working with a Criminal Record
- Chester County Bar Association: Bar Foundation Record Grant Awards and Fundraiser to Support Gateway HorseWorks
- Cumberland County Bar Association: 2019 Adopt-a-Family and 2019 Law Day Mock Trial Script
- Dauphin County Bar Association: Judicial Candidates Forum, Oral History Project and New County Membership Category
- Delaware County Bar Association: Law Day Parade and Youth Courts and Systems Change Program
- Erie County Bar Association: Development and Promotion of ADR
- Franklin County Bar Association: Immigration CLE Series, Law Day and Wills for Heroes
- Lackawanna Bar Association: Mock Trial
- Lebanon County Bar Association: Adopt-a-Family and Outstanding Senior Award
- Lycoming Law Association: Law Day and Mock Trial Competitions, Project Linus and Holiday Toy Drive and Wills for Heroes
- Montgomery Bar Association: Access to Justice Summit and Reentry Simulation, Reentry Day and 2019 Legal Aid Golf Classic
- Monroe County Bar Association: Legal Information Seminar Series
- Northampton County Bar Association: Municipal Law Colloquium and Winter Apparel Drive
- Philadelphia Bar Association: Campaign for Qualified Judges Voter Education Project
- Schuylkill County Bar Association: Joint Legislative Update
- Washington County Bar Association: Bar Foundation 30th Anniversary House Party
- Westmoreland Bar Association: Founding of New Pro Bono 501c3, Legal Referral Service Launch through Community Lawyer and Succession Planning for New Bar Executive
- Wilkes-Barre Law and Library Association: Changing the Narrative: Juvenile in Justice and Art Education, Judge Vanaskie Retirement Reception and Presentation and The Legal and Ethical Implications of “Miracle on 34th Street”
- York County Bar Association: Reflections at Journey’s End — Memorial Minutes 1851-2017, Impact Grants, Legal Aid and Scholarships, and Wills for Heroes 2019
The Conference of County Bar Leaders, whose membership includes leaders from county bar associations throughout the state and from the PBA, organizes a yearly educational conference focusing on the exchange of innovative bar association projects and ideas, and on the development of mutually-beneficial relationships among bar leaders that improve the legal profession.
Founded in 1895, the Pennsylvania Bar Association strives to promote justice, professional excellence and respect for the law; improve public understanding of the legal system; facilitate access of legal services; and serve the lawyer members of the state’s largest organized bar association.
- Attorneys / Legal Services