Philadelphia Bar Foundation Presents Awards at 2017 Access to Justice Benefit
- Philadelphia Bar Foundation
- Source: Pennsylvania (Decommissioned)
The Philadelphia Bar Foundation held its 2017 Access to Justice Benefit on Saturday November 4, 2017 at the Mütter Museum of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Philadelphia Mayor James Kenney headlined with opening remarks at the event that was dedicated to strengthening the acquisition of free legal services in our justice system.
“The Philadelphia Bar Foundation provides annual grants and other support to 38 legal aid nonprofit partners as a fundamental part of our mission,” says Thomas A. Brophy, Philadelphia Bar Foundation Board President and CEO of Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin, P.C. “This year, it is our pleasure to host representatives of these nonprofits at the Access to Justice Benefit as well as Mayor Kenney. We appreciate his support in demonstrating the need for quality legal aid services in Philadelphia.”
During the Benefit the following Awards were presented:
- The Honorable Louis H. Pollak Champion of Public Interest Award: RICHARD C. GLAZER, former Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Innocence Project
- Philadelphia Bar Foundation Award: AYODELE GANSALLO, ESQ. of HIAS Pennsylvania
- Pro Bono Award: DRINKER BIDDLE & REATH LLP
Award presentations were made by Stephen A. Cozen of Cozen O’Connor, Kenneth C. Frazier, of Merck & Co., City Solicitor Sozi Pedro Tulante, and JoAnne A. Epps, Temple University Provost.