Elder Justice Resource Center Volunteer Attorney Training Program Offered by First Judicial District
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania (The Philadelphia Courts)
- Source: Pennsylvania
The First Judicial District of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) will be holding an Elder Justice Resource Center Volunteer Attorney Training Program on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
The program will be held at the Philadelphia Municipal Court Conference Center, 1339 Chestnut Street, 10th Floor, Widener Building, Philadelphia, PA 19107. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m., with the program beginning at 9:00 a.m.
The Elder Justice Resource Center (EJRC) first opened in October 2016 and is Pennsylvania’s first senior justice resource center. The EJRC offers free legal information, advice, and limited representation to unrepresented seniors.
The EJRC is overseen by the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania and court employees provide administrative and coordination services. The EJRC is also supported by numerous key service organizations including the Center for Advocacy for the Rights & Interests of the Elderly (CARIE), the SeniorLAW Center, Community Legal Services (CLS), Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (PCA), and Temple University Beasley School of Law School.
The training program for volunteers will provide training on the following topics:
- Ethics for Serving Seniors / Aging
- Elder Justice Resource Center / Elder Justice Initiatives
- Housing: Landlord-Tenant / Homeowners Mortgage & Tax / Ejectment
- Orphans Court Issues: Guardianship, Probate, & Protective Services
- Elder Abuse and Financial Exploitation Overview
- Aging and Legal Services Network / Resources
The training is free of charge to volunteer attorneys and offers two (2) hours of substantive PA CLE credit and one (1) hour of ethics PA CLE credit. The fees for non-volunteers are $90.00 for lawyers and $40.00 for non-lawyers,
- Elder Law