ACBA Presents 2014 Pro Bono Achievement Awards
- Pro Bono Center - Allegheny County Bar Foundation
- Source: Pennsylvania
The Allegheny County Bar Association recognized the winners of its 2014 Pro Bono Achievement Awards at the 2014 Fellows Grand Reception and Dinner, which was held on September 16, 2014 at the LeMont restaurant in Pittsburgh.
The Achievement Awards recognize individuals, law firms, legal departments, and organizations who have made significant contributions to enhancing the provision of free legal services to low-income residents of Allegheny County in the past year. The 2014 award recipients are:
- Amy Carpenter, Esq., Lorraine M. Bittner Public Interest Attorney Award
- Sarah Carlins, Esq., Jane F. Hepting Individual Pro Bono Award
- Meyer Unkovic & Scott LLP, Pro Bono Achievement Organization Award
- Heather Fink (Edgar Snyder & Associates), Paralegal Pro Bono Award
- Jones Day Veterans Legal Clinic, Special Service Pro Bono Award
- Emily Jeannette Kaufmann, Esq., Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award
- Jill Lipman Beck, Esq., Outstanding Public Service Award
The keynote speaker at the 2014 Fellows Grand Reception and Dinner was Deirdri Fishel, Centre County Domestic Violence Detective. Fishel is the narrator of “Telling Amy’s Story”, a documentary which chronicles the events leading up to a 2001 domestic violence homicide in State College.