Representing the Pro Bono Client: Consumer Law Basics 2017 (Webcast))
Friday June 09
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 12:00 PM - 7:45 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Online Webcast, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
Practising Law Institute
- Source: Pennsylvania
The Practising Law Institute is offering a free webcast of a live presentation from San Francisco entitled Representing the Pro Bono Client: Consumer Law Basics 2017 on June 9, 2017 at 12:00 pm Eastern.
Volunteer lawyers are needed to help the many low income clients facing a wide assortment of consumer law matters who are unrepresented. Attend this program to learn the basics of consumer law so that you can competently represent a client in need and learn new advocacy skills.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of State and Federal Restraints on Debt Collection
- Introduction to the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- A Primer on Automobile Fraud
- Representing the Unsecured Debtor
- Mortgage Servicer Litigation
- Assisting Student Loan Borrowers
- Developing a Working Relationship with Legal Services Organizations
Who Should Attend
Attorneys who want to volunteer to help low income clients with consumer related issues and legal services advocates who want to enhance their skills in consumer litigation matters would benefit from attending this program.
- CLE Credit Comments:
Credit Status: Approved
Total Credits: 6.00
Attendance at this event is categorized as "distance learning" by the PA CLE Board. Under current rules, lawyers have the option of completing six (6) hours per compliance year of distance learning by participating in pre-approved, interactive, Internet or computer based CLE programs. More information on distance learning CLE credit.