Representing Women from Central America
Friday March 10
- By: The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR)
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
This event will take place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
Colleen CowgillThe United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHRC)
- Website: www.unhcr.org
- Source: Unaccompanied Children > Unaccompanied Children Resource Center
On Friday March 10th, UNHCR and the Center for Gender and Refugee Studies (CGRS) will be hosting a free webinar on representing women from Central America and how to use international law to strengthen asylum claims in the U.S. The webinar will take place from 2-3:30pm EST. Speakers on the webinar will discuss:
- UNHCR’s work on protection of refugee women and relevant international guidance on gender-based asylum claims (Leslie Vélez and Colleen Cowgill, UNHCR);
- Representing women asylum-seekers from Central America- legal strategies for common claims and how to prepare the argument (Eunice Lee, CGRS).
To RSVP, please email Colleen Cowgill at Cowgill@unhcr.org. Webinar directions will be emailed separately.