Housing Not Handcuffs 2021: State Law Supplement Report Webinar (Virtual Event)
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: National Homelessness Law Center
The National Homelessness Law Center is hosting a webinar on Decmber 1, 2021, from 2:00 PM-3:00 PM, in conjunction with the release of its newest report on the criminalization of homelessness: Housing Not Handcuffs 2021 – State Law Supplement. The webinar will discuss the contents and findings of the new report.
This 2021 Report supplements the Housing Not Handcuffs 2019 report, which tracked close to 200 cities for their laws criminalizing homelessness and found increases in the number of local laws criminalizing homelessness. This Supplement tracks state laws and finds 48 out of 50 states & DC with some form of law criminalizing homelessness at the state level.
Please attend this webinar to hear more about the experience of people with criminalization, the findings of the report, concerning trends, and exciting efforts to repeal state laws.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Rajan Bal - report lead author, formerly with the National Homelessness Law Center, now at Children’s Law Center
- Joe Abraham - pro bono counsel Law Office of Joseph M. Abraham, PLLC
- Delaware State Rep. Eric Morrison, (RD-27)
- Oregon State Rep. WInsvey Campos (RD-28)
To be moderated by Tristia Bauman, Senior Attorney at the Law Center.
National Homelessness Law Center