Technology and the Courts: Bridging the Gap, or Deepening the Divide? (Free Webinar)
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: American Bar Association
- Attorneys / Legal Services
- Civil Procedure / Administrative Law
The American Bar Association is hosting a free webinar entitled Technology and the Courts: Bridging the Gap, or Deepening the Divide? on September 22, 2020 from 2:00 PM-3:30 PM Eastern.
COVID-19 has forced court systems across the country to turn to remote hearings and trials. High-speed internet, multiple monitors and ring lights help make the transition, but many people do not have the technology for access to this remote justice. In this session we will look at the technological divide, additional challenges for those with a language divide and best practices to try and bridge the gap for all seeking to be heard in court.
Moderator: Hon. Rena Van Tine, Associate Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County, Law Division, Law Jury Section
- Hon. Mark A. Drummond (ret.)
- Quinten Steenhuis, Clinical Fellow, Suffolk Law School
- Marcie Roth, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, World Institute on Disability
American Bar Association