Federal Court Domestic Violence Lunch and Learn (Pittsburgh)
- 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: United States District Court for the Western District of PA
- Domestic Violence / Protection from Abuse
Join the Federal Court for an exploration of issues surrounding domestic violence and discussion of opportunities for attorneys to volunteer to help victims. The speakers will discuss a variety of related topics, including, but not limited to, various forms of violence (domestic and intimate partner), rates of violence, appropriate batterer interventions, evidence based interventions, use of the violence assessment, victim services, and volunteer opportunities for attorneys in our community. A question and answer session will take place immediately following the presentation.
Introduction by Chief Judge Mark R. Hornak of the Western District of Pennsylvania
Moderated by Chief Magistrate Judge Cynthia R. Eddy, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Aimee Callanan, PhD, Deputy Chief U.S. Probation Officer, Northern District of Illinois
- Sabrina Korbel, Senior Staff Attorney, Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
- Cailey Klink, Intern, Western District of Pennsylvania
*There is no charge for this event and lunch will be provided
Please RSVP to email@example.com by Friday, Aug. 9, 2019.
The event will be held on Friday, August 16, 2019 from 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM at the U.S. Courthouse, 3rd Floor - Jury Assembly Room. 700 Grant Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
United States District Court for the Western District of PA