Serving on a Nonprofit Board 2018: Practical and Ethical Considerations for Attorneys (Free Webcast)
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
The Practising Law Institute is offering a free webcast of a live presentation from New York entitled Serving on a Nonprofit Board 2018: Practical and Ethical Considerations for Attorneys on August 1, 2018 from 9:00 am-12:00 pm.
Joining a nonprofit board can be one of the most personally and professionally rewarding experiences of an attorney’s career. Whether you’re an experienced attorney or just beginning to practice, serving on a nonprofit board can bring opportunities to deepen your skills, make valuable connections, and help a cause that is personally meaningful to you.
Serving on a Nonprofit Board: Practical and Ethical Considerations for Attorneys will provide practical tips and review important ethical considerations for attorneys currently serving on nonprofit boards or thinking about joining a nonprofit board.
What You Will Learn
- Do your due diligence: the questions to ask and documents to request before you join a nonprofit board
- Bring maximum value to your role—how to best assist your fellow board members with business decisions, risk management, and legal decisions
- What you must know about liability insurance and indemnification
- Important ethics issues and concerns for attorneys who serve on nonprofit boards
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for all attorneys who currently serve, or are interested in serving, on a nonprofit board.
- CLE Credit Comments:
Credit Status: Approved
Total Credits: 2.50
Attendance at this event is categorized as "distance learning" by the PA CLE Board. Under current rules, lawyers have the option of completing six (6) hours per compliance year of distance learning by participating in pre-approved, interactive, Internet or computer based CLE programs. More information on distance learning CLE credit.
Practising Law Institute800.260.4PLI
- Website: pli.edu