Representing the Pro Bono Client: Consumer Law Basics 2018 (Free Webcast)
- 12:00 PM - 7:45 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
The Practising Law Institute is offering a free webcast of a live presentation from San Francisco entitled Representing the Pro Bono Client: Consumer Law Basics 2018 on June 8, 2018 from 12:00 pm - 7:45 pm Eastern.
Volunteer lawyers are needed to help the many low income clients facing a wide assortment of consumer law matters who are unrepresented. Attend this program to learn the basics of consumer law so that you can competently represent a client in need and learn new advocacy skills.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Overview of State and Federal Restraints on Debt Collection
- A Primer on Automobile Fraud
- Representing the Unsecured Debtor
- Mortgage Servicer Litigation
- Assisting Student Loan Borrowers
- Developing a Working Relationship with Legal Services Organizations
Who Should Attend
Attorneys who want to volunteer to help low income clients with consumer related issues and legal services advocates who want to enhance their skills in consumer litigation matters would benefit from attending this program.
- CLE Credit Comments:
Credit Status: Approved
Total Credits: 6.00
Attendance at this event is categorized as "distance learning" by the PA CLE Board. Under current rules, lawyers have the option of completing six (6) hours per compliance year of distance learning by participating in pre-approved, interactive, Internet or computer based CLE programs. More information on distance learning CLE credit.
Practising Law Institute800.260.4PLI