Legal Issues Affecting Military Personnel: The Drawdown and Homecoming
- 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Pennsylvania Bar Instittute, PBA Military and Veterans’ Affairs Committee
PBI Conference Center (Live, also Live via Simulcast- Locations Below)
- Source: Pennsylvania (Decommissioned)
The Pennsylvania Bar Instittute, in conjunction with the PBA Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee, will be holding a program entitled Legal Issues Affecting Military Personnel: The Drawdown and Homecoming on Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Six Substantive PA CLE credits are offered for attendance at the program.
The program is also being offered via a live webcast which can be viewed online. However, the PA CLE Board now permits you to earn only up to four credits online each compliance year
Discover how to pinpoint the signs of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other readjustment issues in military veterans returning home from combat
- War zone veterans: who are they?
- The war zone experience: the effects of deployment
- After the war: understanding homecoming
Gain insights into how PTSD-related points intersect with the legal system
- Criminal cases: domestic violence, substance abuse, aggression
- Civil cases: child custody and support; parenting; family law
- Grievances relating to competency and responsibility
Acquire valuable information about how PTSD is manifested and other mental health symptoms
- DSM-IV PTSD criteria as evidenced in returning combat veterans
- Thinking outside the "DSM box": other trauma-based symptoms/syndromes
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Violence and suicide
- What attorneys need to know about mental health treatment of PTSD
- Getting the most out of your expert witness
- Challenges to treatment success
- Successful treatment: criteria for an optimal candidate
Legal Services / Public Interest Lawyers
PBI waives the tuition fee for the first 12 hours of CLE taken in each calendar year, for attorneys employed full-time by many nonprofit legal services and public interest organizations providing legal services to individuals at no or de minimis fees. These attorneys may enroll for additional CLE courses at 50 percent of the highest member fee. This policy does not apply to distance education courses.
- CLE Credit Comments: 6 Total CLE credits (No Ethics)
Pennsylvania Bar Instittute(800) 932-4637
- Website: www.legalspan.com