Divorce Law Project
To Volunteer, Contact:
Elizabeth Parker Gaetani
400 Koppers Building436 Seventh AvenuePittsburgh, PA 15219
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 412-391-4467
- Website: http://www.pittsburghprobono.org/Divorce_Law_Project.asp
The Divorce Law Project is a program of the Pro Bono Project of the Allegheny County Bar Foundation which serves Allegheny County residents by assisting qualified low-income persons to obtain simple, no-fault divorces. Clients are screened for income eligibility and matched with volunteer attorneys who provide pro bono counsel. The Program also offers support and partial custody workshops on a monthly basis.
Interested attorneys should contact Elizabeth Parker Gaetani, Esq. at email@example.com.
- County of Volunteer Opportunity: Allegheny
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile, Dissolution of marriage
- Populations Served: Low Income, Working poor and unemployed
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Does the organization provide malpractice insurance for volunteers? No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / supervision comments: Occasional simple divorce training offered. Training manuals and mentoring are available.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client intake and screening, Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs)
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No