Wills for Heroes - Pennsylvania Bar Association, Young Lawyer Division
- To Volunteer, Contact:
100 South StreetHarrisburg, PA 17101
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 800-932-0311
- Website: http://www.pabar.org/public/yld/Projects/willsforheroesyld.asp
Wills for Heroes is a program cosponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Association Young Lawyers Division that provides free basic estate planning documents to first responders in Pennsylvania.
Wills for Heroes provides police, fire and emergency medical personnel - those on the frontlines for our personal safety - the tools they need to prepare adequately for the future. Programs are staffed by lawyer volunteers and are conveniently offered to first responders at meeting halls and police and fire stations.
Wills for Heroes has been able to expand its work through a training program designed by national Wills for Heroes board member and Pennsylvania program Director Dan McKenna, with the support of his firm, Ballard Spahr, to develop a cadre of locally based coordinators.
For more information, contact the YLD or the Pennsylvania program Director Dan McKenna or the Pennsylvania program Co-Chair/Director Lisa Shearman.
Malpractice insurance is required of all participants.
Use this ONLINE REGISTRATION to volunteer for the program.
- Location of Volunteer Opportunity: Pennsylvania
- Area of law: Life Planning
- Populations Served: First Responders
- Projects For: Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Weekends
- Does the organization provide malpractice insurance for volunteers? No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client intake and screening, Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs)
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No