Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia
United Way Building1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Second FloorPhiladelphia, PA 19103
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 215-627-7100
- Fax: 215-627-3183
- Website: http://www.pilcop.org
Mission: To advance the constitutional promise of equal citizenship to all persons irrespective of race, ethnicity, national origin, disability, gender or poverty. PILCOP uses public education, continuing education for clients and client organizations, research, negotiation and, when necessary, the courts to achieve systemic reforms that advance the central goals of self-advocacy, social justice and equal protection of the law for all members of society.
Description: provides direct legal representation and referrals for pro bono legal presentation in civil cases involving public school quality and finance reform, fair housing and lending, child custody and foster care, police accountability, education for children with disabilities, deinstitutionalization for people with disabilities, health care services to children, and employment discrimination.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Philadelphia
- Area of law: Disability, Education, Employment, Housing, Additional need for partners in systemic litigation, research in areas of civil rights, Medicaid, IDEA; corporate and tax advice to organizations on an as-needed basis; factual research.
- Populations Served: Children, Communities of Color, Persons with Disabilities, Women
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No