Delaware County Bar Association - The Pro Bono Project
- To Volunteer, Contact:
Mary Van Zandt Wachterhauser610-892-3939
335 West Front StreetMedia, PA 19063
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 610-566-6625
- Fax: 610-566-7952
- Website: http://www.delcobar.org/probono.asp
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pro Bono Project is a project of the Delaware County Bar Association and Legal Aid of Southeastern PA (LASP). The project teams volunteer lawyers with low income clients to help them in non-emergency cases.
Over four hundred of the members of the Bar Association have agreed to participate in this program. Cases are assigned to lawyers by LASP.
Members of the public who fall within the economic guidelines and are unable to afford an attorney for civil cases should contact Legal Aid of Southeastern PA.
DCBA members who wish to volunteer should also contact the LASP at the address listed below, or the Pro Bono Coordinator listed above.
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA
410 Welsh Street
Chester, PA 19013
- Location of Volunteer Opportunity: Delaware
- Area of law: Non-emergency cases
- Populations Served: General Public, Low Income
- Malpractice Insurance for Volunteer Lawyers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No