Submitting News Items to PAProbono.net
Submitting a news item to PAProbono.net is as easy as clicking on the Add a news item link on the News page and filling out a form. Below are step-by-step instructions for how to complete the form.
News - Steps for Completing the Online Form:
* required fields
- Headline*. Enter the title or headline for the article here. The text you enter will serve as the bolded link that takes the user to the article.
- Date*. Enter the date the article was published in the news source. This defaults to current date.
- Expiration Date*. The expiration date is the date the article will be removed from PAProbono.net and archived. By default, news items are archived after two weeks. Change the date if you want the article to remain on the page for a longer (or shorter) period.
- Article Body OR if Link, URL*. Enter the body of the article or a link to the article on the internet. You may either:
- enter the text you want published in the Article Body box OR
- enter the web address listed in your web browser's Address box when you are viewing the article on the internet in the Or if Link, URL box
- Author Information.
- Authoring Organization*. Enter the source for your article - the authoring organization or name of the newspaper or web site where the original article appears.
- Author First Name; Author Last Name. Enter the first and last names of the individual author in these boxes if there is an individual author. This will appear as the byline information in the posting.
- Submitter Information. Enter your email address in the box provided.
- Validation. Enter the text displayed in the image in the box provided. This is a safeguard to insure that a human is involved in submitting the event rather than a mechanical robot filling in random and/or inappropriate information in the submission form.
- Submit. Click on the Submit button to submit the new item. It will not appear in the list of News items until it is approve by a PAProbono.net administrator.