How to Find and Handle Your First Pro Bono Case (Free Webcast)
Wednesday, May 29
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 12:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Live Webcast, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
Practising Law Institute
- Website: www.pli.edu
The Practising Law Institute is presenting a free webcast seminar from San Francisco entitled How to Find and Handle Your First Pro Bono Case, on May 29, 2013 at 12:00 pm Eastern.
This program is a great opportunity to get a strong overview of the world of pro bono, how it can enrich and advance your professional development, and how to make it happen.
What you will learn
How to find the right case:
- What types of cases are right to meet your goals
- How to pick pro bono opportunities that fit in with your current employment situation
- Where to find cases or matters
- Options in types of volunteering commitments
Handling your first case:
- Ensuring that you are or become competent
- Handling your first client meeting
- Understanding your client's circumstances
- Working with the court
- Finishing up the case
Who should attend
People who have not yet handled their first pro bono case, or have just taken their first matter, and people who work with newer attorneys in professional development or pro bono.
- CLE Credit Comments:
Credit Status: Approved
Total Credits: 3.00
There is a 4.0 credit limit per year for this type of viewing (Distance Learning) in Pennsylvania.
- Download this to your calendar