Protecting Your Company…Wage & Hour Law 2013! (Complimentary Webinar)
Wednesday, January 16
- By: LexisNexis®
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:35 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Online - Webinar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
- Website: www.eventsvc.com
LexisNexis® presents a Complimentary CLE Accredited Webinar entitled Protecting Your Company…Wage & Hour Law 2013! on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 from 2:00 pm - 3:35 pm Eastern.
Wage and hour litigation is the fastest growing category within employment law today. During the years 2003-2006 there were about 4,000 FLSA lawsuits filed. Now they are being filed at a rate of over 7,000 a year. A Harris Interactive survey says that half of U.S. workers believe their employers are violating overtime laws. Within different industries there is fertile ground for violations due to an "everybody else does it."
Join this complimentary CLE Webinar to hear industry experts discuss and take your questions on:
- Setting the stage: the Fair Labor Standards Act
- IRS definitions of "employee" and "independent contractor"
- Preparing for wage and hour audits and "sweeps"
- Lessons from recent high-profile cases
- What companies do (and shouldn't do) to circumvent regulations
- The future of the employees' right to know
- Joint employment allegations
- An effective record keeping program
- Overtime reduction efforts
- Especially vulnerable industries
- Department of Labor settlement terms
Now that the presidential election is behind us, experts anticipate even greater government scrutiny cast upon employers' handling of wages and hours. Ensure you hear the latest from this panel of experts!
- Tracy L. Moon, Jr., partner, Fisher & Phillips
- C.R. Wright, partner, Fisher & Phillips
- Kelly Gimotty, business development & recruiting specialist, Discover Staffing
- Reneé Maxwell, Human Resources Director, Hansbrohe N.A.
- CLE Credit Comments:
CLE is approved or in the process of approval for the mandatory CLE states listed below for 1.5 hours of CLE Credit. Of these, 1.5 qualify as hours of general, participatory, or skills credit, 0 qualify for hours of law office management, and 0 qualify for hours of ethics/professionalism.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York†, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
PA credits are subject to limits on "Distance Learning" credits. Lawyers have the option of completing four (4) hours per compliance year by participating in pre-approved, interactive, Internet or computer based CLE program.