Residential Lending after the Crash: An Update on How Dodd-Frank and the CFPB Have Changed the Rules of Home Loan Origination (Free)
Tuesday January 29
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 12:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Live Webcast, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
Practising Law Institute
- Website: www.pli.edu
The Practising Law Institute is presenting a free webcast seminar from San Francisco entitled Residential Lending after the Crash: An Update on How Dodd-Frank and the CFPB Have Changed the Rules of Home Loan Origination, on January 29, 2013 at 12:00 pm Eastern.
The rules of the road for residential lending have changed dramatically since the crash in 2008 and the subsequent passage of the Dodd-Frank amendments to the Truth-in-Lending Act (TILA) and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA). Attend this training for an in-depth look at what's new and what's different, including an update on recent rulemaking by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Regulators and practitioners will review current and proposed rules and discuss how consumers can identify and avoid predatory home loans.
What you will Learn
- Dodd-Frank amendments to RESPA on disclosures and settlement fees;
- The CFPB's new and proposed regulations governing loan origination, including new combined TILA/RESPA disclosures; and
- How to help consumers identify and avoid predatory home loans
Who should attend
Practitioners who represent consumers and loan originators (lenders and brokers) will benefit from this program, as will general practitioners interested in learning more about the brave new world of residential mortgage lending.
Maeve Elise Brown ~ Executive Director, Housing and Economic Rights Advocates
- Lisa Sitkin ~ Managing Attorney, Housing and Economic Rights Advocates
- Christina Thompson ~ Program Attorney, Practising Law Institute
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-PA Credits
Credit Status: Approved
Total Credits: 3.00
There is a 4.0 credit limit per year for this type of viewing. (Distance Learning)